Monday, November 21, 2011

Good mineral make up?

i have tried sheer cover which is advertised to be brilliant . . but i didn't find it any good! just wondering if anyone else has used others and could remomoend some.





ThanksGood mineral make up?
Being a professional makeup artist I have used many mineral brands. I would Never recommend Bare Escentuals for many reasons.


1)They use a cheap low end mineral called bismuth oxychloride, this mineral is known to cause skin irritation, a dry itchy feeling, rash and acne (just google bare escentuals bismuth oxychloride itch and you will find pages of people with complaints)


2) If you have even slightly oily skin it will look very GREASY by noon


3) Their minerals wear off quick and you need to reapply several times a day (due to the bismuth)


4) They say they are all natural and have no preservatives. That is untrue as they use chemical parabean preservatives in their mineral veil and other skin care formulas.





By far the best mineral makeup I have used (I use it daily on myself and clientele) is Faerie Organic Minerals.


1) They ARE natural, they do not use preservatives at all, No bismuth oxychloride, No cheap fillers (talc, cornstarch etc)


2)Their minerals last all day no need to reapply even in heat


3) They are light, airy, feel as your not wearing makeup and leave a dewy healthy glow


4)They use a high end expensive mineral called BORON NITRIDE, this mineral is what makes their products better than others, it is antibacterial (acne gets better with use) it is a skin perfector and soother


5) They are more affordable than bare escntuals and sheer cover etc..





You really need to check it out, You will love it! They have a free sample kit at their site (you just pay shipping like $5.99) http://www.faerieorganic.comGood mineral make up?
Ok so I always swore by Maybelline Mineral Power makeup but I recently tried the Physicians formula mineral makeup and I am completely in love with it. With maybelline I found myself touching up my makeup like every 3 hours, it was ridiculous. With this stuff, I don't have to touch it up at all during the day. They have so much stuff to choose from too. You can do 100% organic or just regular mineral makeup. I love their Matte Finishing veil also. It leaves your skin completely flawless. This stuff also has awesome coverage. ( I use the pressed powder)





I have also heard a lot of good things about Bare Minerals BUT if you have sensitive skin there is bismuth in Bare Minerals and it causes you to itch,so you may want to stay away from that.





Just experiment, most places let you return makeup if you dont like it.
I absoulutely love Mary Kay Mineral Powder. I would definitely recommend it to almost anyone. But first, you need to know what color undertone your skin has, because i found that Mary Kay is more for people with yellow undertones. If you have pink undertones, then Bare Minerals would probably look better. But Mary Kay is cheaper and last longer.
i really like bare minerals........ it covers really well and doesn't look caked on or leave the ';orange'; lines, the blush is really nice too, they have booths at macys and they will do a free test on you so you know what shade you are
I dont really think mineral makeup covers well


i like MAC studio fix
i would try bare minerals.





1. It not over powering


2. it comes off easier then most mineral make ups
Everyday Minerals
I used Sheer Cover and didn't like it. Try Bare Escentuals.
Try puritycosmetics.co.uk. It is really good!
jane iredale and id cosmetics
  • tarte
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment