Monday, November 21, 2011

Mineral make-up..?

does it cover well? is it worth the price? how about the brands at your local drug store? thanks!Mineral make-up..?
Bare Minerals is awesome. Loreal also makes mineral makeup, although from them I only like their mineral concealer. Theres plenty of mineral makeup in the drugstore now too. I think bare minerals is the best foundation I've ever used, you can apply as little or as much as you want, it feels light on your skin, it looks natural and covers well. I really like it... when I first bought it, I didn't apply it right... here is how I recommend doing it:





Wash your face, and dab dry with a towel





Apply no more than a dime size amount of moisturizer all over your face and let it sit for about 2 mins before you apply any make up





You need a Kabuki brush, the large size (which isn't huge, but you may find 2 sizes, you need the short, fat/larger one)





Take your minerals and tap some of them into the lid, and take your kabuki brush and swirl it all around in those minerals and then tap off the excess, and then just buff it all around your face, all over, sort of in a circular motion... and you can do this again if you'd like..you can apply as much or little as you want or need it always looks natural if you've bought the right color for your skin.





Minerals are healthy for the skin and Bare Minerals has SPF 15 and their concealers are SPF 20.Mineral make-up..?
As a professional makeup artist I have used many forms of makeup and foundations over the years. I have changed and been using faerie organic minerals on myself and my clientel for the last 2 years. I hated cream/liquid foundations as it is very time consuming for me to blend and it only works well with cerain skin types. Mineral makeup is worth it for the health benefits alone. Your skin won't break out (if its a good one), they are more natural for your skin, they lend a healthy *glow to the skin and have natural spf. They cover well and prices differ. I go with faerie organic because it is really natural looking, yet has good coverage and is affordable. Don't mess with drugstore brands, they use cheap fillers and you just won't get the same results as the higher end ones. Faerie organic has a sample kit for like $5.99 you can check it out here...........http://www.faerieorganic.com check out the befores and afters.
MMU is wonderful! The coverage is great and it's very light. I'd definitely say it's worth it. I've never tried any drug store brand MMU, and I wouldn't mess around with the lower end stuff just because personally, I have very sensitive skin (but that's not to say that some of the higher end stuff doesn't break me out)





Some brands to look into:


Every Day Minerals


Pur Minerals


Bare Minerals





A good brush is essential, too!
Mineral Make-up Is Worth Trying Cause, Just Like me I Was Skeptical About Minerals, Until My Sister Got Me To Tryout Her Avon Mineral Powder, Since I Always Used My CoverGirl Compressed Compact Powder, I Thought Why Not try it Out. I Was Glad I Did Cause I Didn't Need To Keep Re-Applying My Powder As I Had To With My Covergirl Powder. And it Felt So Smooth And Light On My Face. Try it Out For Yourself Cause You Might Or Might Not Like It. I Stick To Avon Minerals But I Havent Yet Tried Out Covergirls Mineral Powders Yet.





Prices. Avon $10.00 (For A Small Sized Container).


And Drug Store Ones Are About That Much Maybe More.
i used bare escentuals for a while but it became too expensive... especially for the small amount you pay for! i tried prestige cosmetics mineral line (drugstore brand in cvs, wal greens, longs, and ulta) and it is fabulous! it actually provides more coverage than BE did and it is waaay cheaper. it is only like $9-11 for each jar instead of $20-30.





I did a review on it on my blog:


http://dimelook.blogspot.com/2008/06/prestige-skin-loving-minerals-review.html
personally i dont like it as much as other types of make up, and it is more expensive at certain places, but it actually looks better on some people than it does on others.





it is also a little more difficult to apply but you get used to it. it is just as effective too!
Try puritycosmetics.co.uk. It is really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment