Monday, July 26, 2010

Have you used mineral make-up?

Did it make your skin look better?Have you used mineral make-up?
I won't wear anything but mineral makeup. Contrary to the last post, they are not all expensive. I have been lucky enough to find a brand that offers pure quality minerals at a fraction of the cost of bare minerals and I like it so much better. :) It can really improve your skin as long as you use a brand that contains 100% pure mineralsHave you used mineral make-up?
Yes, and yes when applied correctly and in conjunction with the right products, like primer and concealer.
There are lots of brands of mineral makeup out there, but I personally use Everyday Minerals and I love it! It makes my skin look healthier and it's easy to apply.





Mineral makeup is more expensive than drug store makeup but usually not more costly than department store brands. I think it's well worth the expense.





Whatever brand you decide to try, DON'T fall for the gimmicks that drug store brands use - ';Made with (insert ingredient here)'; - because those ';mineral'; foundations are filled with junk that can clog your pores. I tried Cover Girl's and it had a sparkle to it, which looked really weird. I think a shimmer effect is what they were after, but...yeah.





Just be sure to choose the product you think is best for YOU.





Good luck!
Yes, I love it, and I won't switch back! It's GREAT for summer. Your skin feels light and never like you're wearing makeup. (For winter, I sometimes use a heaver foundation so my skin doesn't dry out, but I still use a light dusting of the mineral powder on top.) I For a over the counter drugstore brand, try Loreal's mineral foundation, and Neutrogena's mineral foundation (powder form) works well.





If you buy a drugstore brand, it helps to know who owns what. Major cosmetic companies actually own the smaller companies, so if you like an ';expensive'; brand, you can sometimes find a similar cheaper product. (Albeit, not the EXACT same quality as the higher end brand)





L'oreal owns:


Kérastase, L'Oréal Professionnel, L'Oréal Technique, Matrix, Redken, L'Oréal Paris, Garnier, Maybelline New York, The Body Shop, Diesel Perfumes, Giorgio Armani Parfums and Cosmetics, Kiehl's, Lancôme, Ralph Lauren, Shu Uemura, Dermablend,SkinCeuticals








Estee Lauder owns American Beauty, Aveda, Bobbi Brown, Bumble and bumble, Clinique, Donna Karan, Estée Lauder, Flirt!, Good Skin, Jo Malone, Lab Series, La Mer,MAC Cosmetics, Michael Kors, MISSONI, Origins, Prescriptives, Coach Fragrances





Before you go and splurge on an expensive product, take the time to compare it to a similar product from one of their sister brands:) It may just work for you.
I won't wear anything else. Not only does it provide excellent coverage, it wears well throughout the day and hasn't been harsh on my skin.
I WAS IN THE UNIFORM !
No...I hated it. It was terrible. The containers it came in were aweful, they left a mess every where and they were tiny and cheap. The makeup it self was not very pigmented, and not very lasting either. In the end I ended up being allergic to the stuff so I just stopped using it entirely.
I like the mineral bronzers never have used any liquid make -up .Cloggs pores to much.
YES YES YES.... I use AVON's mineral make-up. My skin looks better and feels better. I sell AVON and thought I would make the switch to mineral make-up and now I won't wear anything else. AVON's mineral make-up is not to pricey and is also on sale in this campaign... so why not check it out!! www.youravon.com/pauladiaz.. you can order on line and have it shipped directly to you!!!!! ENJOY!
no, but i will one day
Yes. I stopped having as many breakouts.





The Muse
I was given some for my birthday last month and love it (the brand is Laura Geller). I also bought some from Target (L'Orleal). Both kinds work very well and I am quite happy with them. I am 40 and my skin has become very picky. I also have a 14 year old with an acne problem and mineral makeup seems to be helping her alot (or at least keeping her from breaking out as badly). I am hooked and am off today infact to buy some mineral eye shadow and concealer.
i found that mineral makeup/foundation looks amazing on dry/normal skin for oily/combo its a definite no no. it cakes and streaks horribly. it does the same with a moisturizer on. it clings to the mositure areas (or oily areas) and looks bad.
i have, it makes your skin, a teensy weensy bit brighter, but the down side to mineral make up is that it is VERY expensive. try using normal make up that says 'made with some of the same ingredients as mineral make up'; you will save a whole lot of money. :) hope i helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment