Friday, July 23, 2010

Mineral make-up vs. non-mineral make-up, which is better?

I'm looking into two different top of the line cosmetics. One specializes in being non-mineral, the other in being special ';microdized'; mineral make-up. I want to know which is better for your skin and feels better when applied (not thick).Mineral make-up vs. non-mineral make-up, which is better?
If your skin is oily to normal, the mineral makeup is awesome! Even if you fall asleep in it occasionally (and who doesn't?) it won't clog your pores. If you follow the directions to the letter (it gets easier the more you do it) it makes your skin look smooth %26amp; flawless. I have a lot of old sun damage from my younger, sun-worshipping days, and I can hide that, freckles and the occasional breakout without looking cakey. It really looks and feels so much better than normal makeup. I don't even use that stuff anymore. I never get shiny or greasy by the end of the day. Bare Esscentials from id (Sephora) is the best and it comes with a goofy dvd with demonstrations. I thought it was silly at first, but it really helps with applicaton techniches. Then, just practice, practice, practice! It's so much better for your skin.Mineral make-up vs. non-mineral make-up, which is better?
I think mineral makeup is better because it is all natural- no artificial dyes, fragrance, etc. The kind I use (bare minerals) goes on flawlessly and feels like I am wearing no makeup at all. I can't stand the thick, cakey feel that most types of makeup give me. I think the 'regular' kind of makeup will probably give you more overall coverage but mineral makeup is better for your skin and feels better.
I think it depends on the person. If you suffer from acne at all, mineral makeup is awesome because it doesn't clog pores. My skin has cleared up so much since I started using mineral powder instead of regular foundation or powder. I have heard that people with dry skin don't like mineral powders as much, although I can't say anything about that from personal experience. I think that mineral makeup also feels much lighter than any regular foundation I have every used.
Okay the mineral makeup looks really good when you first put it on but it tended to give me oilier skin which led to breakouts. I prefer MACS studio fix makeup it's the best!
Natural beauty is better.
  • makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment