Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mac vs. Bare Mineral Make up, whick one is best?

I would like to know... I have used Lancome, Estee Lauder, Maybelline and Mac and Bare Mineral. I would love to use just ONE BRAND :). If someone has experience with a lot of make up brands please help me out. I do modeling as side part-time job and have a reg. job. I need something that will help me not brake out and lasts most of the day.Mac vs. Bare Mineral Make up, whick one is best?
Mac is pretty much stage make-up.


Bare Mineral uses ';minerals'; they try and sell a healthier solution for make-up. I tried both and both made my skin freak out.


I found that Lancome works the best for a day to day cover up.





The key to keeping your skin clean and to prevent less break outs is oil blotters and a clean sponge to apply your powder.





Before re-applying your powder always, always, always use an oil blotter. Never cake on more powder on top of oil.


If you are dry and don't need to blot, then use a better day time moisturizer.





I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin, and use the acne line by Dr. Murad. love it.





Everyones skin is different. Different products work best for different skin types. Just keep in mind that skin products should NEVER sting or burn. If they do....stop using them they are to strong for your skin.Mac vs. Bare Mineral Make up, whick one is best?
I prefer MAC over BE.





MAC stays on all day and even with my oily t-zone, I never felt like my makeup was melting off or that I had to cake it on to make it look good. The MAC counter consultants always give great tips on how to wear the least amount of makeup for the most coverage and best natural look, which is exactly what I love. I think the prices are fairly reasonable, too.





With BE, I felt like I had a film of gunk on my skin and I was scared to touch anything with my face because I hugged someone once and half my makeup came off on their white shirt. I have tanned skin with red splotches and to cover it well with BE, I had to use alot of the product which I didn't like. Plus, my bathroom counter (and everything on it) was covered in a light dust from the mineral powder.





Go with MAC.
I HAVE FOUND THAT BARE ESCENTUALS IS THE BEST I HAVE USED, AND BELIEVE ME, I HAVE TRIED ALL OF THEM! GOOD LUCK!
i spent over 25 years looking for the perfect brand, bare minerals by bare escentuals is it for me.it works well for my dry, ultra sensitive skin, stays on all day long - even in heat %26amp; humidity, and looks %26amp; feels completely natural. try it out for yourself at any sephora, ulta, macy's, or nordstrom store, to see, how you like it, before making a decision.
Bare mineral it sounds healthier meaning it wont harm your skin x
Like you, I have tried just about every product out there. I used to be a die hard fan of Prescriptives and Origins.





Now, my two favorites are Bare Minerals and Aveda. Both brands are a little more organic/natural than others so (in my opinion) they cause less breakouts. I have been using ONLY those two brands for over 2 years and my skin has dramatically changed! Less blemishes and better tone.





Ultimately I think that you have to find what works best for your skins and stick with it :) Good luck!
www.gardenbotanika.com





But if that doesn't work all around for ya...





And of the others...Bare Minerals for sure....but MAC has more products. I would stick with Bare Minerals for foundation, bronzer, etc. and Mac for shadows, lipsticks, etc, and Dermalogica for facial products (wash, moisterizer)
MAC - If you want something that last all day and into the night - Use MAC. Only thing is - Its alittle pricey... But its all worth it.





I was using Maybelline before i got onto MAC and now i will never look back.
I'm not really like you in the way that my makeup is my favorite things from all different lines. For exemple; Yves Saint Laurent foundation, covergirl mascara etc...


But I think that Bare Mineral trumps Mac all the way.
probably depends on what kind of coverage you want. I haven't used Mac, but have never heard anything negative about it. I DO use bare minerals... and my day starts at 3a and I usually wash my face about 8p and there is still make up to take off. My skin is also healthier...
I think it depends on what kind of makeup you're looking for. I love Bare Minerals for their powders and bronzers, however, for mascara I adore Clinique. And if you're looking for some really good pigments, MAC always has an outstanding selection. Good luck choosing!
Never trie Mac, but I've tried BE, made me itch like crazy. Not enough shades, and way too expensive and not enough coverage.


Now I use Hollywood and NoHoGlo mineral foundations from LAminerals. The Hollywood foundtion has heavier coverage and lasting power, and seems pretty water/sweat resistant. The NoHoGlo is kinda dewy, not as heavy coverage, but really nice look.


I just got my samples a few weeks ago.They were like $1-3 and shipped em free.


I am soooooo excited to finally have a good mineral makeup that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg!


Just add the dot com to LAMinerals to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment