Friday, July 23, 2010

Why are people so damn gullible when it comes to mineral make up? Why can't they see through the marketing?

You know what? You're so right! I wanted bare minerals so bad because I saw the infomercials...but when I saw it for myself in real life, I wasn't too impressed with the products. The women working at sephora who wore it looked hideous. It looked caked on or something...it's not worth it.Why are people so damn gullible when it comes to mineral make up? Why can't they see through the marketing?
What do you mean? I use Bare Minerals and I love it. What is wrong with it, Im serious, Id really like to know!! The Bare Minerals is a very light powder that you brush on. It not only lasts forever but its very healthy for your skin. Like I said, I use it every day and I love it. It's made my pores smaller and has improved my skin. One container will easily last almost a year. Whoever you saw wearing it that it looked caked on, obviously had done something wrong, it's very natural and you can't even tell you are wearing it........also provides GREAT coverage.Why are people so damn gullible when it comes to mineral make up? Why can't they see through the marketing?
I have used the mineral make up and although it is a nice concept, the colors just didnt match my skin. They made me look pale and ashy. So the foundation powders were a def no no for me, but I love some of the other powders *warmth, highlighters etc.* i put them over my foundation to give me that glow look. Foundation can sometimes be one diminsional and flat, but the stragically placed minerals give my make up that realness.
Have you actually used it? I use bare minerals and I love it. It's all-natural and much better for your skin than chemincally-based products. It's not just marketing...it really works!
Mineral make up? i think it may be better for your skin actually.Not so much a cake batter to be applied to the skin.but more of a piecy type thing.let's ur skin breath more.I have never tried it.
Very true! Especially the colorful commericials make you think that it is magical on your face and yet, the performance is below the standard. The prices are also amazingly high. I use Everyday Minerals that is sold at everydayminerals.com. The company does not advertise, but sells through the word of mouth. They also send samples for free and the prices are 1/5 of Bare Escentuals and Sheercover. EM is even purer than BE and Sheercover, which both contain Bismuth and cause an itch.
Mineral makeup??? That's what you're worried about?? Hell, we'll buy ANYTHING if it's packaged right.
It's great for people who have sensitive skin and other cosmetics break them out. It may not be for you but it does work for some.





Society as a whole is gullible when it comes to infomercials -- but we continue to watch and buy products ';just because'; it's new. I've certaininly purchased my share of stuff (so good and others no so good).
i just got some mineral makeup from everyday minerals and i think it's better than bare minerals and it's cheaper to. my skin breaks out with zits with most other makeups.
u already answerd ur question. ';MARKETING'; i know. i was in this gift shop once and it had this sun-block lotion that said ';Gives You 48 hours worth of Protection';


r u kidding me? theres not even 48 hours in the day, and theres not even 18 hours of sunlight in a day! then on the back it says ';Do Not Stay in Sun Longer than 3 hours';


thanks so much! i have the best sunblock ever!!!!!
Mineral make up is actually very good- it is finely ground minerals, most of which can't cause breakouts or skin congestion. If you choose the right make-up then you would probably really like it. Consider trying Jane Iredale or BioElements. Good luck.
I never wanted it. I was always tought not to listen to commercials. Besides one of my friends tried it and it was horrible.
I agree with Psych major, Bare escentuals is an amazing product. I have tried loads of different make-up and this is the best.
People are gullible when it comes to anything they think will make them look better. Just look at all of the diet pills that aren't FDA approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment