Monday, August 23, 2010

Allergic to mineral make up?

So I have oily, acne prone, extremely sensitive skin. I've tried Sheer Cover and Bare Minerals and both made me break out terribly. I don't know what exactly I'm allergic to. But I need make up to cover the blemishes and redness those make up caused. What would be safe to use for me?


And also, how the heck can I clear my skin again? I had somewhat acne free skin with a few acne marks, now I have blackheads, whiteheads, pustules, and cysts. All of it is on my cheek and along my jawline (and it HURTS!!!). I used Proactiv for 2 months be I think it made it worse.Allergic to mineral make up?
You're probably allergic to the bismuth oxychloride. Try Everyday Minerals. It is talc and bismuth free.





As for cleansers, just use something gentle. Acne products tend to make skin worse, believe it or not.Allergic to mineral make up?
As you describe your skin problems it is obvious to me you have a combination to oily skin. You need to clean your skin properly. You have to use custom fit products for your skin needs. You've used Proactiv just because you've heard is for acne but everyone skin is different. Proactiv is very harsh for the skin. Anyway, I recommend you 3 step system from Clinique. Look for an accredited Clinique consultant and ask to be skintyped. Step 1 is to use a soap to clean your skin, in your case is the oily skin formula and comes in bar or liquid. I personally use the liquid one because I have the same skin type like you. Over night your skin produces lots of toxins and dead cells because renews. If you don't remove the dead cells they clog your pores. Our oily skin produces obviously more oil and if the pores are clogged then we break out.That's way it's extremely important to exfoliate your skin. Step 2 is a toner that exfoliates your skin very gently. Exfoliating your skin will unclog pores and your skin will be brighter and smoother. Step 3 is to moisturize your skin. You have to use only oil free moisturizers and makeup.


In the evening - use a makeup remover first if you wear a foundation or powder.Then use the same things as in the morning.


It is very important to do this twice a day. That's how you keep your skin clean all the time and it always looks healthy and good.


I recommended you this brand in particular because it is for sensitive skin. As I said I use it myself and I am very happy with. Even though I have oily skin my skin looks really good. And besides they have good prices.


Your foundation has to be oil free as well. I personally use the same brand. I use superbalanced oil free liquid foundation. It's 25CAD, gives me the coverage I need, because I have freckles and it has a soft finish.
I mostly end up beginning cheap and trying out a few different ones. Do what seems right and I bet your gut will be correct. I like http://BrandsMakeup.com

No comments:

Post a Comment