Friday, August 20, 2010

IS the mineral power make-up good? Whats the best to buy?

ITs my birthday soon and i want to get some because i dont have any good make-up and ive heard its pretty good but not quite sure. Any help is great. thankyou xIS the mineral power make-up good? Whats the best to buy?
This is a very broad question. Are you looking into mineral makeup in terms of face makeup, eyeshadow, liner, blush, etc..?





If you want a mineral foundation, I love the coverage that Urban Decay's Surreal Skin Mineral makeup gives. It looks very natural and is super easy to put on. It does not feel heavy and gives a flawless finish. I love their Karma Powder brush too.. works great with mineral powder. The thing about this powder though is that I have really sensitive skin and stopped using it. Mica (a main ingredient in mineral makeup) makes me break out. However, if you don't have sensitive skin, I urge you to try it. I've recommended it to lots of people and they've gotten great results.





-Powder:


http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?鈥?/a>





-Brush:


http://www.urbandecay.com/categories/Pow鈥?/a>





For eyeshadow, there's a bunch of stuff out there that you can try. I love mineral eyeshadow because there are so many colors out there. You can also mix the colors together. It can be applied wet or dry. You can add mixing medium to the shadow to create liquid liner. The choices are endless -that's what I love about mineral makeup. My collection include Bare Minerals, Calypso Minerals (etsy.com), Orglamix (etsy.com), Nyx, Paint Fx Cosmetics, Southgate Skincare (from Ebay), L'Oreal, LA, Colors, NYC, and a whole bunch of others. Because you're new to the stuff, I woudn't go out and buy anything super expensive. I LOVE the sellers on Etsy. They provide a wide range of colors for a great low price.. Try these:





Orglamix:


http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=766鈥?/a>





Calypso Minerals:


http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=603鈥?/a>





If you're going to the drugstore, I've also tried a few from L'Oreal and NYC but they're not the best. They're OK and will do the job but I love the ones from the sellers on Etsy. They make the shadows themselves from scratch. My favorite shadows are from Etsy and they're also the cheapest. You can try out the sellers I recommended or just go to Etsy.com and type in ';minerals'; under the ';makeup'; category and you'll find a whole bunch of sellers selling mineral makeup.





Go out there and try a few and if you like them, try more. The only thing with mineral makeup though is it's a tad messier. I enjoy both forms of makeup (loose and pressed) so it's really just your opinion. Mineral shadows tend to provide a richer color and are extremely pigmented. If you end up not going with mineral makeup for your special day, I recommend Nars, Lorac, and Smashbox (my favorite brands for eyeshadow.) If you're going to the drugstore, I highly recommend Maybelline eyeshadows. I love their ';Stylish Smokes'; collection and one quad is around $4. You can also try NYX shadows..





Sorry if this is a little scattered (I'm tired) but I hope I helped.. Good Luck =)IS the mineral power make-up good? Whats the best to buy?
do you mean maybelline mineral power foundation ? yes, it works really well and evens out my skintone,the concealer was good when i tried it in the shop, but i havent bought that one yet.
Avon has a great mineral line very reasonably priced.


http://www.youravon.com/kwatts3417
yes it is, most people like ID mineral or bare mineral. DO some research, theres many articles about mineral make up
mineral make up rocks coz it lets you skin breathe insted of clogging it up! it will make your skin less ummm red really i guesss...

No comments:

Post a Comment