Monday, August 23, 2010

Mineral make up users?

What do you think? How does the coverage compare to a cream foundation? Does the makeup last all day? I had a visit with my Mary Kay rep. last night and she showed me the mineral make up that will be coming out and I tried it and thought it looked nice but seeing that I put it on at night, I didn't get a chance to see how long the coverage lasted.Mineral make up users?
It does last all day. When you apply the foundation, use several ';dustings'; to get the level of coverage you want. It's great for large pores, oily or sensitive skin. (I have all 3.) I like the Larenim brand. They even helped me match my foundation color via email. Mineral makeup doesn't break me out %26amp; it feels much lighter on my face than any cream foundation does.Mineral make up users?
Sorry but I don't use foundation never have and I don't think I ever will because I don't need it, so if it ain't broke don't fix it.
I've used bare minerals for about a year and although I didn't like it at first because I was used to having a face that looked ';made up';, I continued using it and found that it lasts much longer and still looks like it did when you first put it on at the end of the day, if I apply more during the day, it doesn't look cakey, and the coverage depends on how much you apply and what brush you use, for my dark circles, I just use a concealer brush and keep applying until they have disappeared. Plus, it doesn't look like I am wearing more make up under my eyes than the rest of my face. I would highly recommend mineral make up. (although I don't particularly care for mary kay)
The mineral makeup lasts a very long time. It doesn't come off unless you purposely try to. I LOVE mine!
I didn't think mineral make up could cover as well as cream foundation but I constantly get compliments when I wear it. People say my skin looks flawless.





Go with a nice brand though. I tried a store version and it was horrible.
I use Aromaleigh mineral makeup (www.aromaleigh.com) and I LOVE it! The coverage is great, and it's buildable -- apply a single layer for sheer coverage, or multiple layers for more coverage. Most mineral brands also offer some sort of concealor for spot treatments. IMO mineral makeup gives you a much more natural look than liquid, yet if you apply it right it can still give you nice coverage. Since I've started wearing Aromaleigh, people have told me that it looks like I'm not even wearing any makeup and that I have naturally perfect skin -- little do they know that under the makeup, I have mild acne, oily skin, a permanent pink flush in my nose/cheeks/chin, and dark circles under my eyes! :)





As far as lasting, with my super oily skin, Aromaleigh's foundation by itself does not last long. However, when I use their Porcelaine Primer Powder underneath my foundation, then it lasts all day! I just make sure to touch up with blotting sheets during the day.





However I haven't tried Mary Kay so I don't know how their coverage compares. You are certainly welcome to try MK, but if you don't like it, there are tons of other brands out there! Just do a Google search for ';mineral makeup'; and you will find TONS of options!





Just be careful of inexpensive mineral makeup (I'm not sure if MK will fall in this category or not) -- many of them just add minerals to the same ingredients they use in traditional makeup, which negates the health benefits of using minerals! So read the ingredients and make sure you stick to makeup made of pure minerals!





Another thing to consider is that many girls are allergic to bismuth oxychloride (common symptoms are redness and itching). I'm not sure if MK contains it, but other popular brands like Bare Essentials do. So if you have any problems, check the ingredients and try another brand without bismuth if necessary!





Good luck and I hope you find something you like!
Ok, you should not buy mark kay at all. If you want mineral makeup, buy bare minerals. If you apply it over moisturizer rubbed in very good, you will have flawless coverage that lasts all day. Also, it is so light you can sleep in it. I have been using bare minerals for two years. Good luck!
mineral makeup is one of the best and healthiest makeup coverage around. It doesnt make you break out, but may i suggest bare minerals. It doesnt clog pores,breakouts, and has a nice light feeling to it. You can go to sephora or ulta for the starter kit. its $60 comes with brushes,3 mineral shades, and a dvd to show you how to apply. Its quicker, easier and more healthier for your skin. Me personally, i used to use liquid and i would break out, get little bumps, and blackheads like crazy. Now i use mineral makeup and my face looks and feels soooo much better. I am never going back to liquid. hope i helped girl!
I have to agree with all the Bare Minerals fans. It is so lightweight but coverage is great. You can control the coverage with the type of brush and how many layers you apply. I hated liquid and cream foundation, always felt greasy and oily. I get a lot of compliments on my complexion when I use it. Mary Kaye products are good too. I am waiting to try the mineral makeup when they come out with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment