Friday, August 20, 2010

Mineral Make-up?

I've seen this advertised on T.V. and now some of the major cosmetic companies are offering their own versions of this make-up. I hate to waste money since I've only used more traditional foundation, powder and blush. I'd like your opinion?Mineral Make-up?
I love the concept of mineral makeup, however, with so many brands out there with their own versions, there are a lot of products that are not truly pure mineral based, but have fillers and ingredients that do nothing for your skin. I have found the brands available at your local drugstore have some minerals in them, but don't perform the same as they also have other ingredients in them as well.





I have tried Sheer Cover and Bare Minerals, and after while could not wear them because they both contain Bismuth, and ingredient that a lot of people with acne and sensitive skin cannot tolerate. I found out later that bismuth is a natural form of arsenic lead. No wonder I was itching!





I switched to kms mineral essentials which is comparable to bare minerals without the bismuth. It is important to me what I put on my skin and this mineral line is one of the pure mineral cosmetics out there. I get amazing coverage with kms, and my skin has never looked better.Mineral Make-up?
I know some People like It and Some People Do Not.If I was you Though I would Invest in Just a cheaper Mineral foundation first to see if you even like the way it goes on and feels on your skin.Also Makeupally.com has reviews on Make up including a lot of the other mineral make up brands on the market.
Honestly, the best money ive ever spent.








if you dont want to order, get over to your nearest Sephora (if near you) and get Bare Minerals (thats what I use.. I assume the two brands are similiar enough)... try it out there if you like. Its so amazing I swear it really is magic, and there is NOOO cakeyness, no shine, nothing. and it stays on, you cant even feel it on your skin. Plus its GOOD for your skin
I love mineral makeup! It offers excellent coverage. I bought mine on Ebay. You can get starter kits for great prices on Ebay. Its best to try the sample sizes first before investing alot of money. No sense in wasting money if you decide you don't like the products!
I never buy anything from tv but alllllmost picked up the phone to call and buy it (so convincing!) I'd be interested in whatever responses people have to this. :)
I personally did not like it. Now it could have just been the brand...Bare Minerals, but I found it to have a greasy look. Not like the natural glowing skin you want to have. And it did not cover my blemishes. I have blemishes, and I have very fair skin so it is hard for me to find foundation to cover and yet not turn me orange, but I had the same problems with this product too. I ended up sending it back and got my money back, minus S/H.





My suggestion... many name brands in the stores like walmart, kmart, target, etc. are now selling their own line of mineral make up. Like Loreal, Revlon, Maybeline etc. Go to a Rite Aid store if you have one in your area. They will give you a complete refund on any make up you buy if your not happy with it, even after you open and begin to use it. Just keep your reciept or you will be S.O.L. Check with the sales clerk to see how long you have to return the item. Good Luck!
bare minerals is REALLY GOOD!


ive used it for almost 2 years now and it works WONDERS


the best thing to do now is to buy the starter kit because it comes with 3 brushes that add up to like 60 bucks and it's really a good deal cause the kit is only like 65 or 70 in sephora or if you actually go to the bare minerals store or get it online. it's so great it hides all blemishes and pimples and it makes your skin look extraordinarily smooth. and i believe that if you get it from the actual store and you for some reason dontlikeit you can still return it
are you talking about bare minerals? i first tried it before i heard it advertised on tv and i love it. it was the first mineral powder foundation i've tried but i absolutely love and would pick it over the traditional foundation. it's so light, it doesn't even feel like you're wearing makeup but it provides good coverage.





i recently tried this other brand called addiction which is mineral and its a liquid that turns powder. the only problem is that i've only been able to find this brand and one particular store in huntington, which is quite a drive for me.





anyway, mineral is better. i definately recommend trying it.
I use Bare Escentuals. I'm 17 %26amp; I've been using it for about two years now. I love it. :)
its suppose to b quitre good

No comments:

Post a Comment