Monday, August 23, 2010

Mary kay mineral make up?

has anyone tried it? is it as good as Bare Escentuals?Mary kay mineral make up?
I like the MK product better than BE - texture is finer and the coverage is better.





Whatever brand you choose, be aware that the coverage is still VERY sheer, so if you're looking to hide spots, blemishes and uneven skin tone, you'll have to use liquid foundation or concealer in those areas, under the mineral foundation. And if you have dry skin, you're going to need more moisture.





Beware of using too much on your brush - a little goes a lonnng way with mineral foundation and too much looks fake.





One note about the Mary Kay mineral foundations - they appear to skew a little dark, so I found myself using the next lighter shade than recommended.Mary kay mineral make up?
Yes,I really like MK mineral makeup, I have tried Bare Essentials and also Sheer Cover , but Mary Kay's in the best.
TOTALLY SUCKS! I would not use any Mary Kay products on my face at all.
I like it just fine better than regular powder.





Try both of them for yourself and you be the judge.
I bought it a few weeks ago and really regret it. The first ingredient is talc, which really shouldn't be in a 'mineral make up'. Talc is a filler and very cheap, so considering how much this stuff costs, and that it's the first ingredient in their mineral foundation, I think it is a rip off. It also has cornstarch which sucks because it expires easier than than say rice starch, and you know how long some of those mary kay ladies keep this stuff in their cars.


I guess to make up for this the company thought it would be a great idea to put in like 5 different preservatives like parabens and bht and crap.


The only positive is it has boron nitride as it's third ingredient and that's pretty good stuff. I would spend my money on a quality mineral product if i had the choice again instead of a crappy product from a scary pyramid scheme of a company.

No comments:

Post a Comment