Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Any suggestions?Mineral make-up?

I have acne prone skin.I want something similar to bare minerals, but that I can get say at Wal-mart. I don't care about brand names, just quality. I need it to be oil-free, and something that won't clog pores. Any suggestions?? ThanksAny suggestions?Mineral make-up?
Neutrogena has a line of mineral make up called ';Mineral Sheers'; which can be picked up at nearly any drugstore or supermarket. As with all of Neutrogena's products, its great for sensitive or break-out prone skin. Of all the mineral foundations I've tried, Neutrogena's line is one of my favorites.





There's another product that Neutrogena offers which I have used and found very useful. While it isn't a mineral foundation, their Skin Clearing makeup is great for getting rid of acne, as well as covering up other imperfections. It contains salicylic acid which is found in other major acne treatments such as Stridex pads or Clearasil.





The only down side to Neutrogena is that they don't offer much of a selection for deeper shades. If you are a deeper shade which isn't offered by Neutrogena, my second choice for mineral make up would be the Loreal Bare Natural collection. When it comes to affordability, the Loreal mineral line might be your best bet. Its also on sale at Walgreens this week for buy 1 get 1 free. You can't beat that!Any suggestions?Mineral make-up?
If you have acne prone skin, chances are that what you might find at wal-mart will contain irritants and fillers, something that might cause more issues in the long run. Those products are not a true mineral makeup and you won't be happy with the results.





I am using kms mineral essentials which is a pure mineral makeup. It is not yet available in the stores, but it is a great quality mineral makeup that can actually help heal the acne. I love it.
I have oily, acne prone skin and Bare Minerals was an absolute disaster for me (an expensive disaster, at that). If you are going to try the expensive Bare Minerals, make sure you get it from Sephora, who has a very generous return policy if it doesn't work out for you.





I've had a lot of luck controlling and covering my acne with Clinique's line of salicylic acid containing heavy powder and concealer. I think Neutrogena's line sounds like a promising cheaper alternative.
Honestly, if you're going to go with mineral makeup then you really should get bare minerals. No other mineral makeup is quite like theirs. I'm assuming however you're concerned about money considering Bare Minerals is a little pricey. My suggestion would be to try Covergirls Mineral Magic makeup. They tend to be a brand that is concerned about acne and such.
I have acne too. Neutrogena has a whole set of very light and oil free make up for people like us. The concealer for zits and the pressed powder help clear my skin significantly. I love it.
get bare essentials....i love it!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment