Monday, August 23, 2010

Mineral Make-Up?

I'm in my late 40's and have sensitive skin. Everyone is raving about the mineral make-up, so I tried it. It settled into every little crease in my face and looked cakey. It felt great. What type of retail/drug store make-up do you older gals wear that works for you?Mineral Make-Up?
I like Bare Minerals............. does not look cakey





Another good one is Clinique's new foundation. It really goes on nice and you don't need powder with it.





I am 45 and suffer from changing skin too. These 2 have helped me a lot.Mineral Make-Up?
I am in my forties and love mineral makeup! I didn't find it at the drugstore because a lot of the products I found there were not 100% pure mineral makeup after checking the ingredients, and I wanted to make a decision based on true mineral makeup. I was told that true mineral makeup did not have talc and would not settle into my lines. The products at the store contained talc and cornstarch.





After trying bare minerals sheer cover and kms I settled on kms mineral essentials. I got the best wear and coverage from this line, and my skin actually looked much younger as the makeup just floated over my lines. Customer service was there with me every step of the way when looking for the right shade and products for me. That impressed me.
I am approaching 40 and I love mineral makeup. I have eczema on my face occaisionally and can't use it then. But, If I use a good moisturizer before applying the minerals - I'm fine!


Other good foundations I like are Mary Kay and Clinique.
I am 37 and use Max Factor - lasting performance,





I use a light moisturiser (the double loreal one is really good - forgot the name but its one red tube and one white tube in one pump unit and it lifts out the minor wrinkles)





I leave that for a minute or two then put on my max factor - not too much!!! blend in really well to neckline etc...





then sweep a bit of summer sun or arabian clow over my cheeks etc to give a natural colour





then a tiny bit of powder blush (borgiose is excellent)


then mascara, lippie gloss and i'm done





takes me about 6 minutes each morning





good luck xx








if you want to give the mineral make up another go, try exfoliating first then moisturise but really let the moisturiser sink in before you apply the mineral powder, it could be the moisturiser before which is stil a bit damp sticking to the mineral make up, dont be afraid to put a bit of your mineral onto a cosmetic sponge and apply round the lines that way, to lift off the excess .
i love bare escentuals, and my mom is almost 60 and loves bare escentuals (although she has like, no wrinkles..grrrrr...) ... we have also started using laura gellar's baked products; works as well as bare escentuals and doesn't get everywhere like their powder does ... i have had the WORST time finding a makeup base; i'm really pale ... and i hate liquid foundations, and bare escentuals was nice but still too dark for me ... and laura gellar's base is wonderful ...you can get it at sephora's and qvc ... and it still has that nice quality that mineral makeup does ... it's just baked ... hope you look into it! it's a great product ...
I use moisturiser all the time morning and night once its dry I use a bronzer it feels light and looks great and its the only time in my life I've had compliments about my skin and I'm 42 now. I did try 3 different bronzers before I found the right one or rather my mother did its cover girl bronzer and the more you add the browner you look so don't over do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment