Friday, August 20, 2010

I have acne prone skin? Do you think mineral make up would work for me?

I have always had acne no matter what I do. I also have some scarring/splotches from acne. I am curious about mineral make ups.








I have quite a few questions.





Will they cover up/conceal my current acne? Will they help prevent/get rid of future acne? Are there certain brands you recommend over others? ( I am on somewhat of a budget). How long do they typically last with regular usage?





What experiences have you had with mineral make ups?I have acne prone skin? Do you think mineral make up would work for me?
Mineral foundation is good, but only TRUE mineral makeup.





Loreal, revlon, and maybelline's mineral makeup all contain talc, whihc is really bad for the skin, and acne.





If you wanted to use a drugstore brand, i would recommend Physicians formula.


But I order minerals from Everyday Minerals,


http://www.everydayminerals.com


because they give free tester samples (only pay shipping)


don't contain talc, or bismuth oxycholoride, which Bare Minerals, the really famous brand, does, and the matte version is great for oily skin.


Use a good concealer. They won't help acne, but in a way they do because they don't clog your pores so it doesn't creat more acne.


They last like normal makeup if you use a primer. Primer you put on before foundation to set it and make you skin look smoother and last longer.





I have a good cure to acne.


Crush some uncoated aspirin. Add a couple drops of water or lemon juice, into a paste, bits in it are ok, and spread like a mask across the face. Leave on for 10-15 minutes and it dissolves oil, and makes skin sooo smooth. Leave it on overnight on breakout spots only to deep cleanse.


It really works, but of course do your normal cleanse/tone/moisturize routine too.


It sounds weird but works wonders.





Here are some other mineral makeup companies to check out. (google them) most of them have samples you can order for a buck or two.





Have you gone onto MakeupAlley.com? sign up and you can go to the ';product reviews'; section to read reviews on makeup.


KMS minerals


Mad Minerals (on makeup alley search ';Unlisted brand'; because the brand isn't listed and type Mad minerals into the keywords, along with other brands that arent on the site)


Monave Minerals


LA Girl Minerals


Taylor Made Minerals (love their eyeshadow.)


Pure Luxe Cosmetics


Meow Minerals


Aromaleigh cosmetics.I have acne prone skin? Do you think mineral make up would work for me?
yes and no. mineral makeup doesn't soak into your skin and clog your pores as does other powder/liquid based makeups. There are varying degrees of quality (having to do with refining of the minerals, etc.) BUT almost any brand of mineral makeup will be better for your skin than regular powder or foundation (which is a big cause of acne).
If you're in the US, I recommend you check out Aromaleigh - www.aromaleigh.com. It's by far the best mineral makeup I've tried. Good coverage, a wide array of shades to choose from and it's the one that's irritated my skin and didn't cause me to break out all over the place. Plus, you can get inexpensive samples and then the full-size products are a lot less than Bare Minerals (not really a fan of this stuff) or the other brands.





Good luck!
I also have acne skin, %26amp; oily too...i tried bare minerals and it did nothing for me. Now im using Lancome ';Dual Finish'; it works great!!! its almost $40 (yes expensive i know!) but its the only thing that i can find that i acutally LOVE for my skin! you can use it wet for more coverage (which i do %26amp; it works wonders) or dry with a sponge or brush. and its a matte finish which is great for my oily skin. %26amp; it looks like your wearing minerals %26amp; it makes your face look really soft! you should try it! and for your acne, i suggest scheduling an appointment to the dermatologist, i did %26amp; im using an acne medicine cream called ';Retin-a Micro'; it works really good...but it dries it out bad...so i make sure to use moisturizer, i also have acne on my back %26amp; chest which sucks but the retin-a is taking it away.
they will cover up your current acne and it helps to use mineral foundation since they are natural.


even on a budget you should get Bare Escentual's starter kit.


what's nice it's it comes with all your brushes and a DVD to explain everything. it's worth it.
mineral make up is veryy good for your skin but it wobt help improve anything


i would try using procativ it;s only 20.00 and it works the first night you try it
yeahh its good for that itll cover it up but wont make it go away though

No comments:

Post a Comment